At The Meads Primary School, we believe that teaching personal, social, health and economic (PSHE) education is vital in providing a broad and balanced curriculum that equips children with essential skills for life.
Our PSHE curriculum provides children with the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to manage their lives, now and in the future. These skills and attributes help children to stay healthy and safe, and to prepare them for opportunities, responsibilities and experiences in later life.
The PSHE programme supports the development of skills, attributes, values and patterns of behaviour, which enable pupils to:
• Value themselves and others
• Form and maintain healthy relationships
• Know how to keep safe and recognise dangers
• Understand their rights and responsibilities as members of families, other groups and citizens
• Respect equality and be productive members of a diverse community
• Understand the importance of respecting and protecting the environment
• Understand how their bodies grow and change.
In RSE, children will learn accurate and age-appropriate skills, attitudes and knowledge about the body, reproduction, sex and sexual health. Our RSE curriculum gives children and young people essential skills for building positive, enjoyable, respectful and non-exploitative relationships and staying safe both on and offline.